We hold these beliefs to be true:
- God is One and is bigger and better and closer than we can imagine.
the Bible is God’s perfect guide for living.
- Jesus is God extending himself to us.
- Through His Holy Spirit God lives in and through those who know Christ.
- Nothing in creation “just happened.” God designed it all.
- Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God.
- Growing in your faith is about daily living and is expressed in how you love God and love others.
- People will see God in us by our love or they won’t due to our lack of it.
- God allows evil in order to provide us with a choice.
- Choosing God through Jesus is about a way of life, not a batch of rules.
- Heaven and Hell are real. Death is an extension of your life, not an end.
- The church is to serve people like Jesus served people.
- Jesus is coming again.
Waypoint will create experiences that people can just show up to. No prep, no commitment, no resources required. Our goal is to provide a place where they can bump into God, into others and into truth. We create authentic environments where they can worship, meet people and learn about God and be moved by Him.
Waypoint will create environments that we will point to during our experiences where people can engage. They will likely have to prepare, commit and expend resources, time, and energy to engage. These are where you meet other people and begin to have relationships. This happens when you join a group, a men’s breakfast, or a team to serve on. These are mission trips or retreats or other events that you pay to attend. Engage environments require personal investment but they afford you the opportunity for more connection, more relationships and more of an opportunity to give God a shot at your heart.
The ultimate goal is that your life becomes extended to others by your choice. Waypoint won’t create these environments – we will talk about their value but choosing to be selfless for God’s Kingdom takes shape and form in lots of interesting ways. Because you have been engaged you learn to listen to God’s leading and when he asks for you to move – you do so even if you see no benefit to you. This is about advancing God’s Kingdom ahead of your own.
BE THE CHURCH
We will practice our faith by outward action. Expressions of grace, love, and service to each other and our community will mark us a people who follow Jesus.
BUILD HEALTHY FAMILIES
All family units will find support at Waypoint. They are the supporting backbone of community and unyielding effort will be made to strengthen and extend the influence of family.
We will pursue genuine relationships allowing us to be real. Every team, group, or environment will be designed to encourage meaningful relationships.
PEOPLE BEFORE PROGRAMS
We will seek to accomplish more in people’s lives by prioritizing relationships. Limiting programs to leave room for relationships will be normal.